Manager, Compliance Audit
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
The Manager, Compliance Audit will build and lead the execution of the fiscal year compliance program including payments, screening, insurance and other compliance-related audits. The Manager, Compliance Audit will report to the Manager, Internal Audit and works together with the Compliance group and Management by providing guidance on the development and improvement of procedures, sharing knowledge, and improving efficiency and effectiveness of operations. At AppFolio you will be able to work independently and flourish your own ideas. We are a fast-growing tech company that is building out the department with plenty of opportunities and creative freedom.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and Maintain the Compliance Risk Assessment by drafting and continuously re-evaluating the risk assessment to ensure compliance with laws, rules, regulations and industry best practices that materially impact AppFolio’s business.
- Design the Annual Compliance Plan focusing on risk mitigation and compliance as identified in the Compliance Risk Assessment by partnering with the Manager, Internal Audit and the Compliance group to update, design, document, implement, and maintain the annual compliance audit plan. Draft and maintain a compliance program necessary to properly evaluate, document, and report on the annual audit plan.
- Execute the Compliance Audit Program Based on the Annual Compliance Plan by partnering with key stakeholders, coordinating with the business, and leading a successful team of compliance auditors.
- Inform key stakeholders by preparing a quarterly audit report/summary.
- Partner with Compliance to Effectively Monitor AppFolio’s Corporate Compliance Program and collaborate cross-functionally to drive accountability and change as needed due to documented audit and investigatory findings.
- Evaluate Compliance Deficiencies in close collaboration with key stakeholders. Provide guidance to develop appropriate remediation plans and oversee remediation.
- Build and Manage a High-Quality Compliance Audit Team by training and overseeing the existing compliance audit team and meeting hiring needs in light of existing and future compliance audit obligations. Ensure high quality and detailed documentation of audit procedures and findings.
What We’re Looking For
Audit Knowledge: In-depth understanding of audit procedures and the ability to apply the knowledge to our business.
Analytical Mindset: Ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make recommendations or decisions.
Attention to Detail: Doesn’t let important details “slip” through the cracks.
Collaboration: Can develop and maintain cross-functional business partnerships with professionalism.
Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication. Knows how to tailor a message based on the audience.
Project Management: Project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced & performance-oriented environment.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a business-related field of study
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in public accounting, or compliance and/or operational audits required
- Certification such as CPA, CISA or CIA required
- High-level skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT) required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a fast-paced culture, changes in the environment and shifts in priorities
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work productively and independently in a team environment
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.