Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
The Compliance Analyst will assist with the execution of the fiscal year compliance program including payments, screening, insurance and other compliance-related audits. Compliance works together with management by providing guidance on the development and improvement of procedures, sharing knowledge, and improving efficiency and effectiveness of operations. At AppFolio you will be able to work independently and flourish your own ideas. We are a fast-growing tech company that is building out the department with plenty of opportunities and creative freedom.
What You’ll Do
- Execute the compliance audit program including participating in initial understanding meetings, coordinating with the business, obtaining supporting evidence, and performing the testing
- Evaluate compliance deficiencies in close collaboration with key stakeholders. Provide guidance to develop appropriate remediation plans and oversee remediation
- Develop the annual compliance audit plan by focusing on risk mitigation and compliance. Support the audit lead in building out the audit program including attributes and detailed test sheets to ensure precise documentation of the testing performed
What We’re Looking For
Audit Knowledge: In depth understanding of audit procedures and the ability to apply the knowledge to our business.
Analytical Mindset: Ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make recommendations or decisions.
Attention to Detail: Doesn’t let important details “slip” through the cracks.
Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication. Knows how to tailor a message based on the audience.
Project Management: Project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced & performance-oriented environment.
Collaboration: Can develop and maintain cross-functional business partnerships with professionalism.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a business-related field of study, preferably in a Business related discipline
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in public accounting, compliance, or compliance and/or operational audits required
- CPA, CIA, CISA certifications preferred but not required
- High-level skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT) required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a fast-paced culture, changes in the environment and shifts in priorities
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work productively and independently in a team environment
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal (MyCase) industries.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.