Software Engineer II - AI
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based, publically traded SaaS organization that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion for helping us keep on innovating. We love where we work, and you can, too.
Who we are looking for:
We are hiring a mid-level Full Stack Software Engineer II to join our AI Engineering Team and contribute to our rapid product development pace. We work collaboratively to set the technical direction for our SaaS products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers. Our engineers find deep satisfaction in building things that customers actually need. We focus on delivering value to customers and understand that this often means delivering code that isn't perfect but meets customer needs.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building leading-edge software and is driven to help build a successful SaaS product used by thousands of happy businesses. We foster an environment that empowers small teams to set the technical direction of our solutions collaboratively.
- Develop scalable, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate algorithms and database queries to support SaaS scalability and stability.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Use test-driven development, code reviews, and continuous integration to deliver high-quality software and rapidly fix bugs as they come up.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineering team members, QA, product owners, and our APM customers.
- Leveraging agile practices, encourage collaboration, prioritization, and urgency to develop at a rapid pace
- Research, share and recommend new technologies and trends.
You know you’re the right fit if…
- You love learning about new technologies but understand the value of using something old if it still does everything you need it to do.
- You care about the long-term maintainability of the codebase and will learn to advocate for refactoring and clean-ups where appropriate.
- You care about work-life balance and want your company to care about it, too; you'll put in the extra hour when needed but won't let it become a habit.
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Hands-on work/internship experience developing web-based applications, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Creativity, ability to solve complex problems without a roadmap
Nice to Have:
- AI/ML experience
- Experience working across all levels of the development stack
- Experience with some areas of our tech like Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, AWS, SOA
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes: Scrum or Kanban
- Familiarity with Test-Driven-Development
If you are interested in creating exceptional SaaS products, working in the AI/ML space, and contributing to a successful company, apply today!
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.