Director, Source to Pay
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
AppFolio is seeking to fill the position of Director, Source-to-Pay. The successful candidate will have a proven record of leading teams and delivering scalable, business-enabling services across the entire source-to-pay business process. Success in this role involves an ability to think big, partner effectively and execute nimbly in order to transform our source-to-pay organizational capability.
In this newly created role, the Director will bring together our Procurement and Accounts Payable teams and continue to evolve and improve upon processes, continue efforts in automation, and drive efficiencies through metrics in order to support high growth at scale, while driving financial accountability and value to our organization.What You’ll Do
- Lead the Source-to-Pay Function
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of Sourcing, Procurement Operations, Accounts Payable and Travel Management
- Assure accurate and timely processing of all Requisitions, Orders, and Invoices
- Supervise the reconciliation of accounts to ensure accurate liabilities are recorded
- Work with the Procurement team to develop, update, and enhance solutions that drive positive results while maintaining a high level of data quality.
- Drive Operational Excellence and Compliance
- Refine key controls around P2P transactions
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics that drive value
- Dedication to accuracy of requisition and payables coding and adequate review of all team deliverables
- Continuously improve departmental image, and focus attention on maximizing efficiency
- Continuously transform the P2P process through automation
- Identification of opportunities for process improvement and implementation of best practices
- Identify ways to improve the supplier onboarding process and lead process and system improvement
- Responsible for maintenance and enforcement of procure to pay policies
- Assume ownership over the operation and certification of the controls around the Procure-to-Pay cycle
- Suggest product enhancements to the key systems supporting the P2P process
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics that drive value-added activities
- Improve the accuracy and reduce manual work of expense accruals in support of the financial close process
- Partner with internal stakeholders to continuously refine and simplify standard procure to pay processes keeping in mind the user experience
- 10-15 years experience broader procurement, accounts payable, business or functional roles with a proven track record of achievement and growth in leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in accounting, business, or a related discipline
- Strong broad knowledge of AP and Procurement processes and practices
- Prior leadership roles focus on continuous process improvement in procure to pay transformation
- Experience evaluating, building, evolving and scaling systems for procurement, travel management and accounts payable
- Hands-on experience using ERP/P2P systems (Intacct and Coupa a plus)
- A knack for engaging suppliers to deliver the best results for our business
- Strong problem-solving skills with a focus on understanding metrics/analytical data
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.