Software Engineer (Dynasty)
Dynasty is an automation company. We build AI for real estate powered by latest advances in machine learning technology. Our customers own and manage real estate across the United States.
Our flagship product, Lisa, is a conversational AI which automates leasing communications, replaces manual tasks, and helps customers grow their business.
As a software engineer, you’ll design and build new features, scale the service to our rapidly growing portfolio of customers, and generalize Lisa’s core technology to adjacent verticals.
We're looking for engineers at all levels with strong records of building successful products and systems. You ship quickly. You have exquisite attention to detail and a passion for solving customer problems.
- Machine learning: build, test, & deploy new intent classifiers
- Machine learning: improve infrastructure for faster experimentation
- Machine learning: sentiment and data extraction from inbound messages (email/SMS)
- Conversational AI: prototype bot capabilities to adjacent domains
- Scaling: quantify bot throughput, GraphQL API throughput, increase both
- UI / UX: improve Command Center, our human interface to train & operate our bots
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Think deeply about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Java, TypeScript, and Python. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Enjoy jumping into services and problems you've not worked on before.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Take pride in owning projects to successful completion.
It's not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all engineering disciplines relevant to us (frontend, backend, machine learning, etc). We value aptitude and eagerness over experience. Our only requirements are the ability to make decisions and progress quickly, a strong bias for simplicity, and a history of shipping.
What's it like to work at Dynasty?
Dynasty is applying state-of-the-art machine learning to solve problems for the largest industry in the world.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are eager to learn and work with us on the bleeding-edge. Your past experience is valuable but less important than your motivation and ability to learn.
Employee health, growth, and happiness are our top priorities.
We’re a recently-acquired startup and we remain entrepreneurial. We look at Dynasty as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We're here to grow our business and support each other in our curiosity and creativity - which we pursue through experimentation, thoughtful discussion, and knowledge sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for people who are committed to going out of their way to help teammates in both the short-term and long-term.
Our office is in sunny Venice, CA. There are currently more plants here than people. We like it that way.
Under the hood:
- Java 8, with minimal boilerplate
- TypeScript / React / GraphQL / Apollo
- AWS Lambda / serverless functions
- Python / Tensorflow / Google Cloud ML
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community