We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Who Are We Looking For?
An Analytics Engineer who will perform data pipeline development and management for AppFolio’s Data Platform, enrich the platform through implementation of leading edge technologies, and drive initiatives geared towards improving Analytics efficiency and effectiveness at AppFolio.
What You’ll Do
- Drive Analytics efficiency and effectiveness through ongoing management, improvement and maintenance of our ETL system (built on AWS & Snowflake)
- Partner with the team to enhance the ETL system and the Snowflake environment, leveraging tools such as Airflow and dbt
- Work closely with the Analytics team to understand requirements for and create new data flows leveraging Python, AWS and Snowflake
- Create source of truth data assets in Snowflake through alignment of cross-functional groups in order to drive accuracy of reporting on KPIs
- Play a leading role in the rollout of a new focus on Product Analytics, including development and management of technical back-end supporting self-service reporting and exploration
- Complete ad-hoc reporting and analytics projects to support business functions across AppFolio
What We’re Looking For
Creative problem solving - able to use creativity and curiosity as tools to pick apart any problem, producing a solution that is relevant and realistic
Strong Engineering Mindset – able to develop the appropriate code and tooling to actually create the solution in a scalable and maintainable manner.
Data Skills – able to move data from one system to another with ease and accuracy. Understands how to organize and model data to make it scalable, easy to use and effective for stakeholders
Agility - Skilled at stepping into ambiguous situations, challenging the status quo with comfort; utilizes exceptional problem-solving skills to act and lead through change. Knows when to shift gears and can make the right trade-offs to drive business results.
Cross-Functional Knowledge - Navigates across verticals and functions and understands how each department contributes to our mission. Able to build relationships and quickly establish trust with others to make things happen. Brings teams and people together to accomplish important things.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or a related field
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience in Data Analytics and/or Data Engineering
- Experience with Data Modeling management (preferably via dbt)
- Strong Python, SQL (Snowflake Experience preferred), and project management skills required
- Experience in Data Pipeline/ETL maintenance and management
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, CloudWatch, SQS, Lambda) - bonus points for experience with Ansible/Terraform
- Experience with Git development processes, including usage of dbt
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience partnering directly with Cross-Functional Teams
- Listening and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business terms
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-Oriented mindset, with demonstrated ability to utilize tools/technologies to solve tough problems
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.