Customer Marketing Programs Manager
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Our Marketing Program Managers drive customer growth, adoption, usage and love by developing and implementing a strategic marketing programs plan. The Marketing Programs Manager will design customer touchpoints—influenced by customer insights and foundational knowledge of our customers and internal data—to enable more segmented, personalized, and optimized approaches and to create market-leading customer experiences. They have a hands-on role in the creation, implementation, management, and evaluation of programs in multiple channels including customer communication, email nurture, website, in-app, and events. The ideal candidate has experience in program strategy, i.e. the campaign channels available to drive optimal program performance and KPIs, as well as is an experienced and detail-oriented writer and editor.
This role works closely with other Marketing Programs Managers, Product Marketing, Customer Success, Value Added Services, and Creative Services to develop and execute the marketing programs plan.
What You’ll Do
- Develop comprehensive marketing programs planning + outreach in alignment with the high-level business outcomes to drive customer growth, adoption, usage and love.
- Plan quarterly marketing mix + customer communications calendar to increase awareness around innovations, product launches, and to drive steady engagement and demand for the Value Added Sales team.
- Bring customer voice forward, ensuring our customers see themselves in our communications and marketing content, as well as share with them the unique AppFolio culture, reinforcing our values and deep technology partnership.
- Partner with the Marketing Automation team to develop and implement automated and highly targeted programs that drive customer adoption and usage of key features.
- Facilitate the creation of product collateral and sales enablement tools (decks, social proof, talk tracks, emails) that leverage insight to match messaging with top priority pain points/needs.
- In partnership with the Events team coordinate pre and post-event communication for Customer events, as well as event engagement strategy and presence.
- Evaluate customer adoption and program performance and optimize to drive business outcomes.
- Be proactive in feeding insights back into the team and adjust strategy as needed for optimal conversion rates and engagement.
- Regularly present and evangelize customer marketing strategy to key stakeholders across the business.
- Work closely with product managers and product marketing managers to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build more effective content and messaging to drive product adoption and education.
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, campaigns, communications, programs planning
- Strategic thinker
- Deep understanding of the market landscape
- Exceptional project management and written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in driving meaningful customer engagement through marketing strategies and tactics
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities with ease and composure while continuing to meet established deadlines
- Experience partnering with teams across departments to manage relationships with various partners and accomplish objectives
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal (MyCase) industries.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.