Senior Front End Engineer
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based provider that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating. We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
Develop scalable, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems in the payments space
Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
Formulate, implement, and evaluate algorithms and database queries to support SaaS scalability and stability.
Use test-driven development, code reviews, and continuous integration to deliver high-quality software, and rapidly fix bugs as they come up.
Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineering team members, QA, and product owners
Leverage agile practices in start-up mode, encourage collaboration, prioritization, and urgency to develop at a rapid pace
Research, share and recommend new technologies and trends
What We’re Looking For
We are hiring a responsible and passionate Senior Front-end Software Engineer with excellent client-side development skills to contribute to our early-stage product development with a very small team of experienced people. We work collaboratively to develop easy-to-use and inviting solutions for potential customers. Our engineers find deep satisfaction in building things that customers actually love.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for bridging the world of design and technology, building new software products for potential customers. We foster an environment that empowers small teams to collaboratively set the technical direction of our solutions.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Extensive hands-on work experience developing web-based applications, preferably in a SaaS environment
- You love learning about new technologies, but understand the value of simplicity and priority
- You care about the long-term maintainability of the codebase and will learn to advocate for refactoring and clean-ups where appropriate
- You care about work-life balance and want your company to care about it too; you'll put in the extra hour when needed but won't let it become a habit
- Creativity, ability to solve complex problems without a roadmap
- Proven experience working across all levels of the development stack
- Strong familiarity with Agile software development processes: Scrum or Kanban
- Strong familiarity with Test-Driven-Development
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.