Public Records Analyst
Who we are looking for?
The Public Records Analyst takes a lead role data accuracy for criminal and civil court data displayed on AppFolio screening reports.
Ideal candidates have a passion for data quality, an affinity for detail, possess a record of independent action and excellent judgment and understand the importance and impact of working in a highly regulated environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and filter public records with accuracy and efficiency
- Maintain a criminal offense database
- Perform re-investigation of disputed records through various channels (eg. web and direct calls to courthouses)
- Understand and comply with all relevant laws and regulations related to the background screening industry and AppFolio’s screening business
- Prioritize cases as necessary; effectively manage a full caseload and queue
- Ensure all timelines and compliance requirements are met for every case
- Develop and build relationships with partners and vendors
- Liaise closely with team members (both direct, and wider) to build strong internal relationships and broaden the knowledge base
- Additional public record projects and tasks as required
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2+ years of related experience including research and data integrity
- Criminal court, police department or probation department experience highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a meticulous eye for detail; strong proofreading skills
- Ability to work with flexibility and agility in a fast-paced environment while keeping a positive and curious attitude
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment and to maintain compliance
- Proven ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and complete tasks in a timely manner with precision, using independent judgment to accomplish goals
- Ability to follow through on tasks until completed
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Adobe, cloud-based tools required; experience with Salesforce a plus
- BA/BS degree or relevant equivalent work experience required
- Education in Criminal Justice preferred
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal (MyCase) industries.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.