Sr. Strategic Partnerships Manager
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
- Create a prioritized pipeline of partners by identifying new partners and opportunities aligned to business strategy and priorities to scale growth in unit acquisition focusing on up-market customers and their needs.
- Negotiate, close and launch new partner deals
- Build and manage strategic partner portfolio by defining and project managing joint integration launch plans, managing multiple top to top touch points, evaluating partner health and reporting on these weekly/monthly.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) on partner offerings by defining partner requirements, articulating partners’ point solution offerings, developing clear value propositions, understanding qualitative and quantitative analysis of partner performance, exploring new strategic opportunities
- Inform the overall partnership integration roadmap by providing relevant information on partner pipeline and prospect’s impact on the business objectives
- Recommend and establish scalable processes for partner development and partner management
- Assist in creating best-in-class partner pipeline management and tracking system
- Lead creation of internal reporting dashboard to communicate partner lifecycle status
- Represent AppFolio and provide thought leadership in external meetings, industry events and end customer meetings with the goal of increasing qualified strategic partnership leads
What We’re Looking For
- Customer Focus: A champion for our customers, finding solutions to their problems and elevating the customer experience in all decision making.
- Critical Thinking: Identify, evaluate and develop partnership opportunities based on insightful competitive and market analysis, market research, and partnership landscape planning that aligns with our business goals and strategic priorities. Provide thought leadership on strategic opportunities and synthesize into compelling communications tailored to various audiences including senior executives.
- Deal Execution: Ability to initiate, structure and close partnership deals. Negotiate business terms and partnership agreements, including drafting term sheets and supporting the legal team to implement contracts. Ensure that AppFolio achieves optimum structure, adequate protections, terms and conditions for each deal, consistent with the overall business strategy.
- Deal Scoping & Financial Analysis: Identify key success metrics for deals to evaluate critical initiatives. Analyze financial impact of potential deals, including Excel deal modeling and assessment.
- Project Management: Lead a dynamic set of critical projects simultaneously while working towards delivery against tight timelines. Collaborate effectively with cross-functional internal teams. Ensure surgical execution and implementation of key strategic partnerships.
- 7+ years experience in partnership or business development, enterprise sales, and/or program/product management experience with technology company
- 5+ years’ experience creating and executing on detailed, action-driven account and business plans in collaboration with extended teams
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts.
- Strong sales and commercial skills or deal-making experience, or business management experience; demonstrating autonomous leadership
- Experience in the Real Estate industry is preferred.
- Ability to build quantitative and qualitative business cases, articulate trade offs, and confidently make data driven decisions and recommendations
- Experience with Salesforce is highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or equivalent experience is preferred.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.