Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
The mission of the HR Generalist is to partner closely with the business and HRBPs to provide thought partnership, support and subject-matter expertise in a variety of HR functions (employee relations, compliance, program management) in support of our people goals.
- Enable strong employee performance & engagement by identifying and mitigating the most critical people-related risks. Case manage employee relations matters from start to finish in strong partnership with key stakeholders.
- Collect and present key data points to empower leaders and HRBPs to retain key employees and to act on turnover.
- Support HR Business Partners with various aspects of AppFolio’s People Routines and Practices.
- Program manage AppFolio’s Return to Office efforts.
What We’re Looking For
- Employee Relations Experience: Ability to investigate employee matters with discretion, tact and great attention to detail. Exercises sound judgement and works in good faith when providing guidance and/or recommending corrective action.
- Conflict Resolution: Ability to help others through emotional or difficult situations, tactfully bring disagreements into the open, and define solutions.
- Compliance: Comprehensive understanding of employment law and regulations as well as legislation that may affect policies/practices including EEOC, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, PDL, WC, OSHA, COBRA and other applicable Department of Labor (DOL) and/or tax laws and regulations.
- Discretion & Confidentiality: Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact, and poise in handling highly sensitive, and confidential information.
- Project Management: Project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced & performance-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience required including Employee Relations.
- Workday experience strongly preferred.
- Project and change management experience
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.