Data Operations Specialist
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
WegoWise by AppFolio is a mission-driven for-profit organization, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions. Our mission is to catalyze environmental, social and economic sustainability in the built environment.
What we’re looking for
WegoWise by AppFolio is looking for a Data Quality Specialist to join the organization’s data quality team. The Data Quality Specialist will support, monitor and improve our automatic and manual utility data collection infrastructure. This role assures the accuracy, consistency and timeliness of the utility data and provides the foundation for high-quality data analytics, reporting, benchmarking, and ultimately customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and trouble-shooting data quality issues both at the customer level and at a platform-wide level.
This cross-functional role reports to the Manager of Data Analytics and serves as the liaison between the Customer Success and Engineering teams. The Data Quality Specialist is expected to ensure that the automatic and manual data collection processes meet the needs of our clients and our own data quality standards. The Data Quality Specialist serves as the internal subject matter expert on utility data definitions, collection and standards.
The right candidate will be comfortable working with data, performing accuracy checks and interacting with software engineers and customer-facing roles alike. We are looking for someone who has strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, as well as the determination to trace a data problem back to its source and find a solution. The right candidate will be able to work independently, is forward thinking and motivated to work for a mission-driven organization.
- Monitor the performance of our utility data importing processes
- Troubleshoot causes for failures or mistakes in the data importing, and work closely with the Engineering team to develop and test software fixes to resolve them
- Create data mapping for new utility companies or update data mapping for an existing supported utility when needed
- Perform quality assurance checks on customer accounts
- Support the Customer Success and Sales teams in understanding data availability and quality for a specific utility
- Support the management and efficiency of remote data entry freelancers
- Drive continuous improvements for data quality processes and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (business, economics, statistics, etc.) or equivalent professional experience working on data/analytics
- 2+ years of professional experience working on data/analytics
- Intermediate Microsoft Suite skills; technical aptitude and ability to learn web applications and software platforms
- Experience working with remote staff
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with great attention to details
- Well-organized and able to work independently and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Adapt well to frequently changing systems and workloads, creative and flexible, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable interacting with both technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with utility billing and vocabulary and/or automatic data scraping is a plus
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal (MyCase) industries.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.