Director, Product Management - Payments
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Our vision - We make money move in real estate.
You will help millions of residents pay rent, moving billions of dollars as part of a major growth engine for AppFolio.
You will help us make money move by leading a team in creation, execution, and operation of a multi-horizon vision & strategy to maximize our long-term opportunity while driving operational excellence for existing revenue streams. Ultimately, delivering long-term sustainable revenue growth based on customer value for our receivables business.
What We’re Looking for
- Customer Obsessed: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it to drive improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Leadership: Visible management and influence across teams, including hiring, onboarding, coaching, employee development, motivating, and decision-making
- Strategic: Can create a multi-year view of product priorities and investments. Understand and be able to articulate the impacts of investments and trade-offs in product and service priorities.
- Business acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current practices, trends, technology, and information affecting product management; able to apply a strong understanding of financial concepts to make sound business decisions.
- Communication: Leaders across the organization are able to articulate what is being worked on by your teams, why it is being done, the objective, and the expected outcome.
- Relationship builder: Ability to build strong, lasting relationships and make connections across AppFolians and customers
- Urgency: Instills a strong sense of urgency and focus on delivering value for the organization continually within the team.
- Perseverance: Demonstrates resilience and persistence to achieve business outcomes in the face of adversity.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure we achieve 2022 revenue goals by collaborating with cross-functional partners to drive excellent execution across the business
- Build a rolling product vision for safe, sustainable growth of the payments receivables business across all APM real estate segments
- Enable sustainable long-term growth goals by developing, coaching, and leading a world-class product team
- Recruit world-class product management talent
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in product management
- 5+ years of experience managing and mentoring product managers
- Experience managing a minimum of $10M P&L
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- Experience with 0 to 1 new product development as well as optimizing existing product for growth
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.