Sr. Product Marketing Manager of Customer Growth
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager develops revenue-focused Go-To-Market strategies and launch plans that drive preference, adoption and delight for our value-added services. This role is responsible for developing compelling product positioning and messaging that map to the customer journey. This role will drive customer value and revenue growth through targeted segmentation strategies, messaging and enablement.
This role works closely with Customer Marketing, Product Management, Value Added Services and Compliance teams to drive the development and success of Go-To-Market strategies across value-added services.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Build the Go-To-Market strategy for services across the Resident Lifecycle and Screening and own key elements of the product launch process
- Develop compelling messaging to drive awareness and consideration for products, as well as drive product adoption among existing customers
- Define target buyer and user segments to drive marketing programs strategy and provide insights to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with the marketing programs managers to create targeted campaigns that drive awareness, preference, purchase and adoption
- Develop a deep understanding of the market ecosystem, customers and services
- Manage cross-functional product launches and communication to stakeholders
- Lead the development of customer education programs in partnership with customer marketing and compliance teams
- Enable our sales and services teams with bold messaging and enablement material
- Stay on top of industry trends by attending industry events, monitoring competitors and partner activity, reviewing customer feedback and reading industry trades regularly
- Be an evangelist for the product within the company, helping everyone understand key positioning and messages
What We're Looking For:
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years of product marketing or other related experience
- Experience marketing highly regulated solutions
- Expert storyteller, skilled at crafting engaging presentations that distill complicated concepts into succinct narratives
- Ability to comfortably oversee multiple project workstreams and scopes of responsibilities, both managing upwards, downwards, and with cross-functional partners
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proactively forms plans directed by metrics and data
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem-solver with the ability to lead and interact effectively with cross-functional teams
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.