Sr. Revenue Accountant
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
The Revenue Accountant will record revenue efficiently and ensure recognition is in compliance with relevant US GAAP Revenue Recognition rules. Support the monthly close, interim and annual audits. Collaborate cross-functionally to streamline and improve efficiencies.
What We’re Looking For
Time Management: Isn’t easily distracted, does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
Drive for Results: Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, even when faced with setbacks. Ability to adjust course to find an effective path to reach success.
Interpersonal Savvy: a strong team player and provide a spirit of collaboration with others and gain trust and support of the team
Attention to detail: Organized and detail oriented
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, reporting and compliance
- CPA preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups etc)
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and ability to drive resolution on technical accounting issues
- Revenue accounting experience including exposure to revenue recognition principles, exposure to ASC 606, Hi-Tech, SaaS, or related industry experience preferred
- Accounting experience in a publicly-traded company preferred
- Strong financial systems background. Experience in Zuora, Excel, Salesforce and Intacct preferred
- Strong quantitative analysis and logical reasoning
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external constituents
- Proven track record for meeting critical deadlines
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.