Assistant Accounting Manager
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
We are currently hiring an Assistant Accounting Manager that will support our growing business and become an integral part of the Accounting Team. This is a new position to our team and will closely support our Accounting Manager to help continuing build our accounting function as we scale.
- Provide guidance and training to subordinates
- Review assigned general ledger accounts and consistently question any unusual / non-routine transactions and account balance variances
- Prepare and approve journal entries
- Prepare reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts and review reconciliations performed by others when assigned
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls required by SOX
- Perform detailed financial statement analysis, including discussions on various issues, analysis, preparation and review of account reconciliations
- Preparation of fluctuation analyses and performance of financial statements analytics, providing relevant explanations for fluctuations provided to senior management
- Coordinate complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Be a US GAAP technical accounting resource by providing guidance, performing research and preparing accounting memos
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager to build out new processes and structure addressing and improving the month-end close processes
- Assist with monthly and quarterly SEC reporting. Prepare financial statements and other schedules for 10-Q and 10-K filings as well as various footnote schedules.
- Assist in merger and acquisition accounting
- Provide supporting documentation to external auditors
- Comply with and enforce company policies and procedures
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
- BA/BS in Economics, Business, or a related field; emphasis in Accounting a plus
- CPA License
- 5-7 years of general accounting and/or financial statement preparation experience desired
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, including Excel
- Team player and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (both written & oral)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.