Director, SMB Sales
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
The Director, SMB Sales is responsible for developing, motivating, and guiding the SMB Sales organization to monthly, quarterly, and annual quota attainment with a focus on acquiring new business. The ideal candidate provides leadership and ensures execution of sales growth targets for 2022. They will be responsible for driving outbound expansion of Residential Units through a focused approach and equipping the Sales teams with the skills and support to achieve the goals outlined by the business.
What You'll Do:
As a Director in the Sales organization, you will:
- Lead the SMB Sales team in delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual goals.
- Coach, motivate, and develop a team of high-performing SMB Sales Managers - providing the training, support, and tools necessary to achieve booking goals and further their sales & leadership acumen.
- Ensure implementation of ongoing training programs regarding our sales methodology, product knowledge, and knowledge of the property management industry.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for ongoing Manager & Account Executive education.
- Partner with VP, SMB to identify and execute on key initiatives that drive alignment & increased effectiveness of SMB Sales Leaders.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of Sales experience; SaaS and/or Real Estate tech preferred
- 7+ years of experience in leading teams
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills, including the ability to influence across teams, hiring, onboarding, coaching, employee development, motivating, and decision-making
- Knowledge of strategic selling, sales methodologies, and sales industry best practices.
- Demonstrated track record of building high-performing teams
- Has strong analytical skills and a structured approach to solving unique business problems
- Strong strategic planning and anticipation skills, with an ability to manage by influence
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.