Customer Success Manager - Plus
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Who Are We Looking For?
The Customer Success Manager is the main point of contact for all assigned clients and the quarterback for all AppFolio Property Manager operational activity to ensure an ongoing cohesive and productive client experience.
The purpose of the Customer Success Manager role is to maintain a deep understanding of customers’ business processes to drive effective adoption of AppFolio Property Manager features and V+ services. This position does not manage individual support tickets but does monitor all inbound account activity to proactively coach customers and ensure a positive customer experience. This position plays a critical role in developing and maintaining high customer satisfaction and product adoption.
The Customer Success Manager possesses great consultative skills, detailed product knowledge and is a critical thinker who leverages data and relationships to provide increasing value to our customers, ultimately helping them to achieve their business goals and objectives.
- Build consultative, trusted-advisor relationships with the client’s appointed AppFolio expert and leverage their influence to drive product adoption and utilization
- Proactively identify opportunity to improve customer processes through the product; Partner with the Strategic Relationship Manager to align the client’s decision makers and execute process change with the client’s appointed AppFolio expert
- Effectively delegate support, training & product requests to internal Account Services team to ensure differentiated service; Act as a point of escalation for Services when needed
- Operationalize decisions from the Strategic Relationship Manager and key decision makers and drive, track & hit product adoption goals to increase account value and customer satisfaction
- Prepare & deliver quarterly customer business reviews to share product usage, account success, completed milestones and product adoption opportunity
- Visit accounts onsite to drive product coaching, maintain strong customer relationships and a deep understanding of the customers’ business processes
- Advocate for and represent the customer’s product needs by partnering with the Product Management team and sharing customer insights
- Contact customers on a regular basis to maintain excellent relationships for the purpose of increasing customer satisfaction and intent to renew
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years experience in a customer service or sales account management role
- AppFolio Property Manager Plus product expert
- Highly effective communicator; strong presentation skills;
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate at all levels to achieve win-win situations
- Customer service approach with a Sales mindset for all customer interactions
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and convince others to pursue a course of action
- Strong time management & ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it
- Proactive learner and creative problem solver who enjoys being in a fast-paced environment
- Able to travel 25-30% of the time (Post Covid)
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.