Senior Financial Analyst - G&A
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, develop scalable, efficient financial processes to provide data and business insights that enable Corporate leaders to make informed business decisions, while developing a collaborative partnership.
What You’ll Do
- In partnership with G&A Business Leadership, develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business assessing risks and opportunities in actual results vs. forecasts
- Prepare and automate monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages, including detailed variance explanations against budget and forecast to understand performance drivers
- Support strategic business decision-making through financial modeling and analysis, including ad-hoc modeling and analysis
- Support the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for G&A Functions including development of financial metric models, department-specific budgets, and related KPI analysis
- Meet with business line owners monthly to report on headcount, Capital Expenditures, and Operating Expense planning; be able to communicate drivers and insights in conjunction with recommendations on potential action
- Utilize our various ERP tools (i.e. Adaptive Planning, Sage Intacct, Coupa Software, etc.) to build and maintain dynamic financial forecast models that help drive business insights
- Partner with Accounting to ensure accurate accruals and adherence to accounting policies
- Ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and special projects as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Analytical: Ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make recommendations or decisions.
- Attention to Detail: Don't let important details “slip” through the cracks.
- Autonomous: Can work independently and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, yet knows when to ask for help.
- Creativity: We’re solving novel problems; doing the same things we’ve done in the past may work sometimes, but it won’t always be enough. Creative, elastic thinking is critical to our success.
- Communication & Influence: Strong written and oral communication skills; can influence across the organization, inspire confidence and garner support for strategic initiatives.
- Discretion & Confidentiality: Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact, and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Project Management: Project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced & performance-oriented environment
- Collaborative: Can develop and maintain cross-functional business partnerships with professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting (and/or) Finance. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in finance or analytical capacity.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to master new systems and applications quickly.
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions without specific step-by-step instructions.
- Previous experience in roles requiring business partnership, procure-to-pay processes, and financial reporting and analysis.
- Highly organized and motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects while delivering results in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated success building effective partnerships and managing relationships at all levels.
- Prior experience with ERP tools such as Adaptive Planning, Sage Intacct, Coupa Software a plus.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.