Senior Product Manager - Payables
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Our Payments vision - We make money move in real estate.
We are looking for a passionate product leader to join our AppFolio Payments team. You will help millions of service vendors get paid by property managers, moving billions of dollars as part of a major growth engine for AppFolio. We are building payments solutions that will result in 10x better customer experiences for portfolio Property Managers and rocketship revenue growth for AppFolio. This is a high visibility opportunity to affect nearly every part of the business and will create impactful career growth opportunities as you lead us into new markets.
You will start by learning and owning the payments vision, and leading a team in creation, execution and operation of a multi-horizon strategy while driving operational excellence for existing revenue streams. Ultimately, you will create long term sustainable revenue growth based on delivering real customer value.
In this role, you will be part of our Payables team focusing on growth - moving billions of dollars and millions of transactions while making an amazing experience for property managers, vendors, and tenants. You will work with top-tier development teams to discover and develop innovative solutions. You will be instrumental to our product development organization by gathering relevant market and customer insights, leveraging strong business acumen, casting vision, and driving product objectives through partnership across the organization. Your goal is to ensure our organization achieves our key objectives and your engineering team(s) implement effective solutions that delight customers, win prospects, and meet stakeholder requirements.
The role can be based in one of AppFolio’s office hubs, or fully remote.
- Become fluent in your target customer’s needs and constraints to solve real customer problems that move the needle. Become an industry expert.
- Own a key product focus area in Payables, developing a vision, roadmap, and strategy to meet your KPIs
- Collaborate with teammates to craft elegant solutions to customer and business problems
- Partner effectively with internal stakeholders in operations, customer service, sales, and marketing to drive product outcomes and business results
- Conduct agile methodology including planning, grooming, retrospectives, etc
- Coordinate & lead customer interviews, both over the phone and in-person, to deepen personal and organizational understanding of our customers’ needs and desires
- Collect & analyze data about customers, market, and product usage to inform priorities and measure success
- Prepare & deliver clear, compelling presentations to customers, colleagues, and superiors
- Travel to customer events & industry trade shows at least once per quarter, including speaking or sitting on panels to build industry credibility and relationships
- Minimum 5+ years of direct product management experience
- Experience building 0 to 1 products that are customer facing
- Experience at a Fintech/PayTech or two-sided marketplace is highly desired
- Solid track record of successfully delivering product and business outcomes
- Experience working collaboratively with software development teams
- Proven ability to lead and partner with senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience
Direct experience in a B2B SaaS company and/or PropTech/real estate background is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead without authority
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong relationship-building capabilities
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to quickly respond to new information
- Excellent listening skills
- Resilience and persistence to succeed in the face of uncertainty
- Keen business acumen and ability to drive business outcomes
- Exhibit passion and enthusiasm for delivering value to customers and business
- Ability to see both the forest and the trees - you are detail oriented and can also cast a big picture vision
- Analytical skills and data-driven mindset, ability to write SQL is a plus
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.