Senior Android Engineer
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
You are passionate about building world class mobile apps that help large enterprises solve their complex business problems. You aspire to join a young team in an established company in order to build and grow products at scale and make an impact. Your desired skills and experience include :
- 4+ years of industry experience building Android mobile applications using Java/Kotlin/React Native
- Experience in test-driven development and using automated testing frameworks like JUnit, Espresso, Mockito and Roboelectric etc.
- Experience with using tools like Gradle, Android Studio, Intellij
- Familiarity with JSON and building REST-based APIs
It is a plus, but not required to have experience with:
- Developing iOS Applications in Objective C, Swift
- Experience in using React Native
- Personal projects demonstrating your passion for building mobile applications
About the Role
AppDynamics Mobile Apps team is responsible for building iOS and Android mobile apps used by customers all over the world in order to monitor their complex IT systems on the go. Our Mobile Apps are the one stop entry point to use all AppDynamics industry leading products like Application Performance Monitoring (APM), End User Monitoring (EUM), Database Monitoring (DbMon), Dashboards etc. The team works with a diverse array of partners, including product managers, designers and engineers across a variety of platform to build high-performance mobile solutions. As the newest member of the Mobile Apps team, you will be involved in defining and executing AppDynamics’s mission critical mobile strategy.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.