Project Assistant, Government Affairs
APCO Worldwide - a leading global communications and strategy consultancy - is seeking a Project Assistant in Shanghai who will work under the supervision of a Consultant and interface with all levels of staff and clients with the following primary responsibilities:
- Support at least 3-4 projects across tasks from policy research, media monitoring, stakeholder soft sounding and/or media outreach facilitation to report and presentation development
- Compile research findings, prepare meeting minutes and draft client deliverables with the project teams under supervision from project managers
- Contribute actively to internal and client meetings by summarizing research findings and proposing creative ideas and suggestions
- Support senior managers to develop new business by conducting research and preparing credentials
- Maintain self-driven passion and curiosity to stay abreast of client issues and related industry trends, participate in industry networking events and inform team leaders of potential new business opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements & qualifications:
Education: University degree or higher, preferred in Public Relation, Journalism, Political Science, International Affairs, Business Administration, Economics, or a related field
Experience: Minimum of 6 months’ internship or full-time work experience in consulting firm, multi-national corporation, trade/industry association or diplomatic posting
- Familiarity and keen interest in topics relating China’s political and economic development, strong knowledge of any of APCO’s focus sectors (such as ICT, healthcare, retail, and education industries) a plus
- Has good time management sense and proactive learning attitude.
- Self-motived, efficient, responsible, flexible and adaptable to different tasks at hand.
Languages: Exceptional Chinese and proficient English required
The position will be based in APCO’s Shanghai office where will work closely alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues as well as a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.