Consultant - Public Relations/Social Media
APCO Worldwide in India began operations in 2007. Our offerings in India include Corporate Advisory, Government Relations, Strategic Communications, Coalition Building, Crises Management and Consulting Services.
We are looking for communication consultants/journalists/digital marketers having experience in Communications, Public relations or Social media who will be based out of client locations in Karnataka/Bengaluru.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Lead from the front a wide range of media related and PR activities, such as media outreach, coordination, developing media briefs and documents for the client, media interviews/interactions, roundtables with editors/senior journalists, dissemination of press releases, organize press conferences and media briefings, intelligence gathering on national, state and local media, documenting media feedback and creating a strong on-ground media network for the client.
- Good knowledge and understanding of local political-social-economic landscape are required.
- Devise media campaigns (including digital media) for the client as per on-going political issues.
- Understands media logic, can develop and maintain a healthy network with the media at national, state and district level
- Complete ownership and management of all the Social Media Accounts of the client (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and others.
- Develop platform-wise digital media campaigns and content plans.
- Prior experience in photo editing and video editing.
- Proficiency in regional languages such as Kannada is required with 5-10 yrs of experience
- Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in Journalism/Mass Communication/ Digital Marketing from a reputed institute
- Prior experience in prominent English or regional media houses in Karnataka/Bengaluru is an added advantage.
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.