North American Healthcare Lead
The successful Leader will:
- Set a vision and inspire those to achieve it. Live our values. Work collaboratively as the lead and part of a team; check their ego at the door. Bring the full global power of APCO forward to win new clients and expand existing ones.
- Champion our DEI and Accelerate What’s Right Encourage community engagement with staff efforts to create real change.
- Deliver results against the business plan; generate organic and net-new revenue growth and meet expected levels of profitability with the one-firm approach in mind, collaborating and coordinating across the network; partner with the leadership team to responsibly manage budgets and operations.
- Identify and expand key client relationships through C-suite engagement.
- Actively network to identify new business prospects and talent for the firm, work with colleagues and managers to propose innovative ideas that increase market share for the business.
- Meet or exceed assigned new business and personal KPI targets (developed in partnership with Regional President as part of the review process).
- Leads the development of and management of the firm’s North America healthcare strategy with a specific focus on integrated corporate, patient, issues, crisis and advocacy engagement and outreach.
- Drives a cross functional, integrated practice bringing the best of APCO to the forefront to win business, regardless of office location.
- Maintains a highly active external network; playing a pivotal role in marketing the firm and pursuing new business development opportunities.
- Provides strategic insights and counsel to clients and developing opportunities with new prospects.
- Staff oversight of an internal team.
- Thought leadership in the marketplace that defines and associates APCO with best practice and cutting-edge innovation
- Maintains a deep understanding of industry trends, issues or news.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant strategy-driven experience in healthcare related industries in an advocacy organization, corporation, on a campaign, within a professional services firm, or in combination.
- Deeply understand and have strong relationships with stakeholders including payers, pharma, life sciences, associations, advocates, regulators, government, and media.
- Must understand health and healthcare policy and how it influences a company’s license to operate.
- A proven track record of significant business development leadership within a professional services consulting firm.
- Demonstrable staff management and professional development experience.
- Experience leading integrated communications and advocacy campaigns that span digital, social and traditional communications channels.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively, take initiative, set priorities and lead a team.
- Global advisory and advocacy experience is preferred but not a prerequisite for candidates
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.