Practice Lead - Healthcare Communications
APCO Worldwide seeks an exceptional, entrepreneurial leader to lead its North America healthcare practice, and help drive innovation, client excellence and business growth across the practice and company.
The successful Leader will:
- Set a vision and inspire those to achieve it. Live our values. Work collaboratively as the lead and part of a team; check their ego at the door. Bring the full global power of APCO forward to win new clients and expand existing ones.
- Champion our DEI and Accelerate What’s Right Encourage community engagement with staff efforts to create real change.
- Deliver results against the business plan; generate organic and net-new revenue growth and meet expected levels of profitability with the one-firm approach in mind, collaborating and coordinating across the network; partner with the leadership team to responsibly manage budgets and operations.
- Identify and expand key client relationships through C-suite engagement.
- Actively network to identify new business prospects and talent for the firm, work with colleagues and managers to propose innovative ideas that increase market share for the business.
- Meet or exceed assigned new business and personal KPI targets (developed in partnership with Regional President as part of the review process).
- Leads the development of and management of the firm’s North America healthcare strategy with a specific focus on integrated corporate, patient, issues, crisis and advocacy engagement and outreach.
- Drives a cross-functional, integrated practice bringing the best of APCO to the forefront to win business, regardless of office location.
- Maintains a highly active external network; playing a pivotal role in marketing the firm and pursuing new business development opportunities.
- Provides strategic insights and counsel to clients and developing opportunities with new prospects.
- Staff oversight of an internal team.
- Thought leadership in the marketplace that defines and associates APCO with best practice and cutting-edge innovation
- Maintains a deep understanding of industry trends, issues or news.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant strategy-driven experience in healthcare-related industries in an advocacy organization, corporation, on a campaign, within a professional services firm, or in combination.
- Deeply understand and have strong relationships with stakeholders including payers, pharma, life sciences, associations, advocates, regulators, government, and media.
- Must understand health and healthcare policy and how it influences a company’s license to operate.
- A proven track record of significant business development leadership within a professional services consulting firm.
- Demonstrable staff management and professional development experience.
- Experience leading integrated communications and advocacy campaigns that span digital, social and traditional communications channels.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively, take initiative, set priorities and lead a team.
- Global advisory and advocacy experience is preferred but not a prerequisite for candidates
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.