Human Resources Intern, Asia
APCO Worldwide - a leading global communications and strategy consultancy - is seeking an HR Intern to join its Asia HR team. The HR Intern will be based in Shanghai and report directly to HRBP, Greater China and Japan.
The HR intern will participate in variety of HR functions based upon business needs, including absence management, HR data management and documentation, recruitment, onboarding & offboarding, and learning & development. The HR Intern will work closely with HRBPs and Senior HR Assistant, and interface with all levels of staff with the following primary responsibilities:
- Maintain data in HRIS
- Support Senior HR Assistant on internship recruitment, include posting positions, screening resumes, arranging interviews and testing
- Coordinate onboarding and offboarding processes for entry & exit employees. Prepare contracts, notices and other HR paperwork for employee movements.
- Draft employment certificate, internship certificate, demission letter, and other certificates for employees as required.
- Drive initiatives and research related to various HR areas
- Provide local support for global and regional HR initiatives
- General clerical duties such as filing, photocopying/scan materials, translation, etc.
- Other ad hoc work as assigned
Requirements & qualifications:
Education: Bachelor or master’s degree in progress, preferably business management, human resources management or other relevant concentrations
Experience: Strong interest in pursuing a career in Human Resources Management. HR Internship experience in MNCs is a plus
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, high attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently
- Operating knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook
Languages: Native Chinese; proficient English in speaking and writing
Please include your availability in your cover letter (time period and number of days available per week).
The position will be based in APCO’s Shanghai office working alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues and a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.