Social Media Account Manager
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
The Senior Digital Social Media Consultant is responsible to create appealing content for the company’s social media presence, including maintaining social media channels updated and brand focused, and looking for new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
Primary duties and Responsibilities
▪ Manage company social media content development for channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube,Twitter and some other platforms
▪ Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
▪ Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
▪ Cover events
▪ Work as part of a team to develop large social media strategies and campaigns
▪ Propose new ideas and concepts for social media content
▪ Analyze and report audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects on a monthly basis
▪ Manage social media communications
▪ Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
▪ As per the Direct Manager’s requests
▪ Content writing skills
▪ Strong Communication skills
▪ Idea presentation skills
▪ Customer service skills
▪ Digital Skills
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Equivalent
▪ Minimum 6-8 years of experience
▪ Fluency in English and Arabic
▪ Prior experience in managing government social media accounts
▪ The physical abilities needed to perform the duties of this position, in addition to the office climate
▪ Office environment is general office setting
▪ Some travel may be required
▪ Must reside in Riyadh or be willing to relocate
▪ Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
▪ work will be at the client offices, pending security clearance
About APCO in the Middle East and North Africa
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact.