Senior Associate Director/Director, Corporate Communications & Digital
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Associate Director/Director (Director/VP), Corporate Communications & Digital to join our growing West Coast presence. We are entrepreneurial, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and move their business forward. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
At APCO, you’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communications, sustainability and corporate responsibility. Here in the West, we work with clients mainly in the tech, healthcare, sustainability, and nonprofit sectors.
- Play a central role in driving business development and growth strategy, with a focus on the technology and digital health sectors
- Organize teams around business development opportunities and manage proposal process ensuring accurate scoping/budgeting of opportunity
- Develop and lead integrated issue and advocacy campaigns, and corporate and brand reputation assignments that demonstrate a robust understanding of digital and social media platforms, target audiences and measurement
- Provide strategy-driven client service as a leader of significant accounts within the region
- Counsel clients and troubleshoot client and internal issues
- Lead brainstorms and other creative idea-generation sessions to produce effective approaches to addressing client challenges in the marketplace
- Maintain self-driven passion and curiosity to stay abreast of current industry trends affecting clients, and be able to analyze and make strategic recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding both identified and emerging issues
- Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting internal and client materials and correspondence
- Oversee financial and operational performance of multiple accounts simultaneously, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence, and that plan creation and execution map to goals
- Actively participate in external committees, boards, chambers to increase the visibility of APCO
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
- Contribute to APCO thought leadership with novel, holistic approaches and a unique POV on the industry
- Contribute to social storytelling strategies and effectively develops stories for multi-channel distribution and promotion
- Oversee the execution of programs that boost client content on demand, reach new and specialty audiences, and help drive program performance goals
- Lead and support the development of experience enhancing solutions (i.e. VR, 360 video, etc.) that are active and/or emerging in the marketplace
- Help clients and teams to activate, parse or source large amounts of data to make it useful for specific stakeholders, especially using integrated data analysis and visualization platforms and technologies such as artificial intelligence
- Demonstrate experience and a passion for the digital media tech landscape including social media platforms and digital analytics, monitoring and research tools
- A minimum of 12-15 years of relevant experience in corporate communications or related fields, such as marketing communications, public relations, executive communications; agency experience desired
- Knowledge of regional technology and digital health sectors
- Proven experience leading integrated communications campaign and brand reputation assignments that span digital, social and traditional channels
- Proven track record in driving significant business, along with previous experience managing people and budgets
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively, take initiative, set priorities and lead a team
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, a solution-oriented attitude and a growth mindset
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to apply research insights to strategy development
- Successful track record of delivering strategically-thoughtful projects that deliver measurable impact
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.