SUMMARY: The Billing Analyst is primarily responsible for client invoicing and system maintenance, adhering to required company standards, assuring compliance with all reporting and internal control requirements, and responding to client requests timely. The Billing Analyst reports to the Senior Director of NA Client Finance.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform weekly offsets and regularized clearing of AR, maintaining accurate aging
- Respond to requests from Project Analysts and Client Business Managers on request for client payments
- Review and approve new project codes in Deltek Maconomy.
- Handle the processing of monthly Retainer, Time & Materials billing of APCO’s clients.
- Make collection calls or coordinating with Client Business Manager on collection efforts
- Prepare and distribute monthly client statements
- Assist with client back-up as required for collection efforts for assigned clients (includes making copies, etc.)
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues.
- Maintain related correspondence on client projects (invoices and contracts).
- Provide ad hoc analysis and support
QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration with a focus in accounting
- 1+ years of related work experience
- CPA candidate highly desirable
- Strong computer skills: proficient Excel skills, Deltek Maconomy ERP system, and other Microsoft Office products
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Client Service
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Research & Analysis
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Planning & Organization
- Financial Management
- Strategic Thinking Skills
- Professional Presence
- Knowledge Seeking & Sharing
- Employee Management & Development
- Analytical Skills
OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: The physical abilities needed to perform the duties of this position, in addition to the office climate.
- Office environment is general office setting
APCO WORLDWIDE will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential or primary duties for this position.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.