Associate/Senior Associate Director - Corporate Comms
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking Associate/Senior Associate Director with exquisite corporate comms experience, who will be responsible for managing large client projects, leading cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials and reviewing the work product of junior team members. You can be based at any of our 3 German locations - Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich - with a modern and flexible agile working environment on offer.
You will join us with a solid industry background and be able to demonstrate an understanding of consultancy/comms agency business practices and processes, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. Ideally you will have a minimum of 6 to 9 years of relevant experience in consultancy or in-house.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
Profile and Responsibilities:
As an Associate/Senior Associate Director, you should thrive in a fast-moving and intellectually challenging environment where a commitment to delivering consistent excellence in client service is a strong motivating force. You will demonstrate strong organisational capabilities, leadership skills, tactical ability and have strong written and oral communication skills.
To succeed in this role you will have a strong appetite and desire to learn the business and policy dynamics in a range of different business areas.
As a senior member of our team, who will lead the work of large client assignments overseeing the work of junior colleagues. Working across a variety of sectors including Technology, Healthcare, Energy & Sustainability, Sport and FMCG, the role will be the day-to-day lead for well-established and disruptor brands, managing client and team relationships. As an key senior member of our team, you will interface with all levels of internal staff and client staff regarding project issues.
The ideal candidate will:
- Shape corporate communications planning and strategy, for clients in Germany and across our global markets
- Demonstrate strong expertise in predominately Tech and Healthcare
- Strong media relations/press office skills
- Issues management experience for B2B and/or B2C clients
- Readily introduce clients and contacts to colleagues to leverage internal expertise to grow business.
- Independently manage large client projects; lead and prepare client-ready materials and other deliverables, from summary reports to outreach events.
- High-standard writing skills; research, press releases, reports, briefs etc
- Review and improve work products of team members, line managing junior staff as appropriate.
- Actively look for and identify new business opportunities, together with more senior colleagues, and participate in pitches.
- Understand APCO's business practices and processes, and act as internal and external advocate for the organization.
- Proactively identify external meetings and training opportunities for self-development and the building of sector knowledge and contacts.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in any related field to the role or equivalent work experience.
- Ideally, a minimum of 6-9 years of relevant work experience in consultancy or in-house.
- Proven expertise within a corporate comms environment, ideally working on Tech and Healthcare clients
- Experience in developing and executing communication and public affairs programs at EU level.
- Strong understanding of EU institutions and decision-making procedures(desirable)
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a strong network with a variety of stakeholders, ranging form global blue chip organisations through to disruptor challenger brands
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, proactive “can-do” attitude.
- Fluent in German and English (spoken and written).
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience.
Being a part of a dynamic organization means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm.
Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, he/she/they will become part of a diverse and dynamic team in Germany and will collaborate with colleagues and leaders across our global network.