Events Manager - Washington, D.C.
APCO Worldwide has an immediate opening for an Office & Event Manager in our Washington, D.C. office. This position will be an integral partner to the office and managing director by supporting day-to-day administrative and logistical assistance in the planning of company events and programs (virtual, hybrid, or in-person). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas, greeting and directing visitors and maintaining office supplies
- Supporting Managing Director with client meetings, trade and board commitments, speaking events, site visits, and other events.
- Assisting internal meetings and events supported by Facilities Associates as needed. This includes set ups for staff meetings, impromptu celebrations, and Spirit Committee events.
- Overseeing the general ascetics of the office space with keen eye for detail and discrepancies
- Acting as primary events team contact for collaboration with internal teams and external vendors
- Providing administrative support including setting up meetings and conference rooms, and meeting materials
- Support in client/new business logistics and management, including contact database
- Daily monitoring of the conference room calendars (scheduling, set-up and video calling assistance, etc.)
- Register, coordinate, and restock food/beverage for guests/client meetings
- Process travel itineraries, as needed
- Oversee vendor management (including research and selection) as well as office equipment, maintenance, troubleshooting and contracts.
- Manage all-office financial items such as sending expense reports to corporate, filling out corporate credit card forms, processing invoices, etc.
- Keep office information current and accessible, including business licenses and permits
- Manage building information and requests (i.e. notices, temperature, vendor COI’s, etc.)
- Other duties to include mail distribution (UPS/FedEx set up, messenger services), managing staff itineraries
- High school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5+ years of event planning or hospitality experience
- Experience with developing and executing large events
- Ability to interact closely with clients, staff and others with a high level of professionalism
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills required (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, and WebEx
- Ability to multi-task and be a proactive communicator
- Experience working in a PR agency or other professional services environment a plus
- Flexibility to work additional hours, early mornings, evenings and weekends as necessary
- Position requires ability to lift and carry items in excess of 20lbs., in addition to walking and standing for long periods.
About APCO in Washington, D.C.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.