You will be joining APCO colleagues in Tokyo and across the global network who are smart, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to APCO to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others, and together we work on some of the most interesting and challenging issues of the day. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
APCO will offer you a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and an opportunity to build an international career across cultures and borders. Tokyo is one of APCO’s newest and fastest-growing teams.
You will support client projects by drafting client materials; researching issues, trends, stakeholders, and best practices; engaging in select media relations opportunities; coordinating meetings and events; and supporting a wide array of ad-hoc client deliverables.
The successful candidate should be ready to:
- Support our high profile, globally recognized corporate and non-profit clients
- Develop an understanding of client issues through research and monitoring
- Produce thoughtful, well-written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Actively participate in internal and client meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Offer creativity and can-do practicality
- Enjoy engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- Engage in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- At least 2 years of experience in communication, public relations, policy, sustainability, or advocacy work
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Keen interest in and opinion on current affairs, public policy and media
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and especially ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams and control quality of output
- Digital/social media fluency; beneficial if experienced in conducting research using digital tools
- Previous agency or consulting experience preferred
- Full proficiency in both English and Japanese language (JPLT-N1 for non-native speakers)
Please note that the anticipated onboard date is in late summer this year.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN TOKYO
The future of Japan is the future of the developed world. And that future is being defined today.
The coming years will present opportunities for both domestic and multinational corporations to expand out of and break into the Japanese market, and APCO Tokyo is uniquely positioned to help you understand, translate, and address the complex web of challenges and opportunities.
Since its founding in 2014, APCO’s Tokyo office has predicted and adapted to the changes that are occurring in Japan. Beyond our office’s growth trajectory—now seven times its original headcount and revenue, the Tokyo team is one of the most diverse in APCO’s global network, attracting multi-lingual talent who have studied or worked in a dozen countries.
In addition to creating a dynamic office culture and fostering meaningful collaboration with colleagues outside Japan, our international experience and perspectives enable us to deliver unmatched, world-class counsel and service to our clients.
APCO’s Tokyo office has extensive experience in the health care, energy, and tech sectors, and is investing to grow in the consumer food and retail space.
In 2019, APCO Tokyo was named the Japan PR Consultancy of the Year at the PR Awards Asia. The team’s multi-year campaign to promote women’s health in Japan received the 2018 Public Affairs Asia Gold Standard Award for Government Relations and the 2019 PR Awards Asia Silver Award for Public Affairs.