Associate Director, Sustainability and Advocacy
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in Southeast Asia
APCO is a full-service strategic advisory and advocacy consultancy founded in 1984. Our solutions range from advisory, public affairs, strategic communications, government relations, market access/trade strategy, media relations, geopolitical risk assessment and digital/social content and engagement strategy.
APCO has strong expertise and extensive experience serving the healthcare, technology, philanthropy, education, financial, energy, food, consumer products and retail sectors. It has established multiple partnerships across sectors, particularly those in the area of social impact, emerging technologies and with experts in health, technology and CSR/sustainability. At the 2020 Asia-Pacific SABRE Awards, APCO was named one of the top firms to work for in Asia Pacific. In addition, the Southeast Asia team was a finalist in both the top consultancy in SEA in the categories of corporate/financial and healthcare.
APCO’s hub office in Singapore has supported leading clients from multinational companies and international organizations to governments and NGOs since 2006. APCO offers insights to help navigate the many dynamic markets in the region with its presence across the region, including Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines, Myanmar and Cambodia. The Southeast Asia team also supports many clients throughout Asia Pacific markets including Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand.
With a proud history in Southeast Asia, APCO has successfully helped many organizations navigate the region’s complex business and social landscape throughout its rapid growth.
- The Associate Director is a work stream/team leader responsible for leading/managing client relationship(s).
- The Associate Director manages client projects by supervising project teams and delegating projects and tasks effectively.
- The Associate Director is responsible for identifying the strategy which supports the client’s objectives, developing communication plans, properly scoping and pricing work, as well as managing work activities and resources within agreed upon budgets.
- The Associate Director identifies and pursues opportunities for new business.
- In addition, the Associate Director demonstrates strategic abilities, and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The Associate Director interfaces with all levels of staff and serves as the primary client contact, managing the client relationship(s).
Who are we looking for:
- At least 10 years of experience in the sustainability or ESG communications sector.
- Prior experience working for a PR agency is a plus.