Administrative & Office Assistant - 1 year FTC (Italian speaker)
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in Italy
APCO’s multilingual team helps clients navigate the complex policy, regulatory and media landscape in Italy, one of the largest European markets, which is currently developing a number of ambitious economic and institutional reforms to re-launch the local economy. Our Italy team, with offices in Rome and Milan, is fully integrated with APCO’s global operations and offers clients cross-sector services, empowered by an in-depth knowledge of the national landscape and a strong network of media and institutional contacts.
We are currently looking for an Administrative and Office assistant to be based in Milan with an initial fixed term contract of 1 year.
The successful candidate will join the Administrative team to support all the office and administrative related tasks, and should be proficient in Italian with a good command of English.
- Ensure reception/switchboard is covered always during office hours.
- Set up of meetings/events, including meeting room technology, to ensure a smooth and professional environment for all visitors, external and internal clients
- Provide administrative support to both the Head of Administrative team and the business consultants
- Support vendors management and assessment; process invoices, POs, payments; manage communications and relationships with external suppliers
- Demonstrate the ability to follow policies and procedures clearly and the forethought to highlight necessary amendments, ensuring documentation is up to date
- Liaise with the Head of Administrative team to support Client Business Managers with tenders and new business activities; ensure that accounting policies and procedures are respected; facilitate communications with the Finance department (based in London)
- Deliver a great customer service experience and act in a professional and understanding manner when liaising with external and internal clients in person, on the phone or via email
- Depending on the current and future scenario, arrange travel including booking flights, transfers, accommodation and visas in accordance with company’s Travel Policy might be required
- Any other tasks as deemed reasonable
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Italian; proficient in English (is a must)
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Solid time management skills
- Solid Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible attitude with a 'can do’ approach.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School/University degree
- Ideally, a minimum of 1 to 3 years' experience as Administrative/Office Assistant or in an equivalent role
- Prior experience in consultancy is a plus
APCO was awarded Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network in 2017 and 2019 and EMEA Corporate Consultancy of the year, 2019 by the PRovoke Media.