APCO Worldwide, a global communications agency, is looking for a Jr. Copywriter to join our North American creative team. The team currently sits across three markets (D.C., NY and NC) and this position will be based in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are a strategically driven public affairs firm that helps clients break through and make an impact in an increasingly distracted, noise-filled environment. In this role, you will have opportunities to be part of the broader global creative community at APCO, and you will help concept, craft stories and simplify complex ideas for different audiences across myriad platforms.
As a copywriter, you know what to say and how to say it, but you also have an eye for design and a love of how the combination of art and copy can impact audiences. Put simply, you’re involved even after the words are approved. You’re a highly motivated self-starter who is innately curious, organized, disciplined, and, of course, creative. You possess both technical expertise and the ability to work with many personalities in a fast-paced environment. You can examine details word by word but also see the big picture. Because problem-solving is your passion, you’re entrepreneurial, pragmatic, resourceful, committed, and collaborative. You’re adept at communicating ideas clearly and developing strong working relationships with fellow creatives and account leads.
- Act as an integral part the studio team, working on various creative projects including:
- Crafting copy for advertising, PR (public relations) and PA (public affairs)
- Creative concepting
- Scripting for video/multimedia
- Writing web copy
- Developing social media posts and digital ads
- Editing content for a variety of projects
- Proposal writing
- Assisting in development of creative briefs
- Collaborate with creative directors, designers, producers, editors, writers and project/account staff on multiple clients
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
- Research and analysis on projects
- Participate in team/project meetings and other initiatives
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and attentive to detail. Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks.
You’ll also have an opportunity to be part of daily meetings with the creative team, work directly with a creative director/copywriter to hone your craft, partner with designers and art directors, gain deeper insight into writing for various mediums, collaborate with others, and work on high-profile brands—all of which will make for excellent contributions to your portfolio.
- BA or BS in Advertising, Journalism, Communications, etc. and/or Portfolio and/or writing samples that demonstrate quality experience in creative writing and copywriting (long and short form);
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience;
- Ability to write in different styles, voices and tones;
- Strong command of the English language;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word;
- Ability to take feedback and make adjustments accordingly;
- Previous work/internship in an agency or on an in-house creative team preferred;
- Candidates must be team players with excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work against tight deadlines.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.