HR Assistant (f/m/d)
We are looking for an HR Assistant (f/m/d) to join our European HR team in this newly created role which is to be based in our Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich office.
For this role, a native language level in German and at least a C1 level of English is required.
What will you be doing in this role
- Be the first point of contact for our employees whom you’ll support, reassure and offer help by resolving their queries
- Create and maintain accurate employee records in our HRIS and other software systems
- Drafting employee documents, like employment contracts, amendments, paternity leave documents, exit confirmation and reference letters, salary increase, bonus and promotion letters
- Being involved in the salary payment and the administration of employee benefits
- Support in the on-boarding process, including organizing inductions and onboarding sessions as well as holding HR intro sessions
- Support in the off-boarding process through calculating holiday accruals, scheduling exit interviews, etc.
- Assist with internal HR communication and Europe-wide HR projects
- Other recurring HR tasks like administration of business travel documentation, HR reporting requirements, etc.
- You will own the complete internship recruitment, employment and exit cycle of interns
- You support in the recruitment of regular consultancy roles by managing our candidate database, screening CVs, schedule interviews, manage candidate communication and closely monitor our applicant tracking system to ensure that candidates are responded to in a timely and efficient manner
- Support D&I initiatives and external employer branding activities (e.g jobfairs)
Learning & Development Support - Europe
- Coordinate trainings and support learning and development initiatives across Europe by working closely with the Global Talent Director
Who we are looking for in this role
- You have an academic degree in HR, economics or relevant fields
- First work experiences in the area of HR, recruitment and/or L&D is required (internships count, too)
- Basic knowledge about German labor law would be a big plus
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English, native language level in German is required
- You have strong relationship-building skills, a proven ability to deal with confidential matters and work with integrity and discretion
- You have a strong service mindset towards candidates and employees, shaping and ensuring an excellent candidate and employee experience
- You work both independently and as part of a team, you take commitment and ownership for your dedicated are of work
- You bring a can-do attitude, you take initiative and work proactively to meet deadlines and make sure the quality of your work is excellent
- You have a very structured approach to work, excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, even in a fast paced environment
- You are a curious mind and are willing to dive deep into new topics, even if they are beyond your expertise (or comfort zone!
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to work with a diverse range of stakeholders
- A collegial and collaborative work environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- The chance to take on responsibility quickly with abound opportunities to develop professionally and personally
- Clear career paths, ongoing internal & external trainings and access to our global Learning Platform
- Flexible work arrangements, a supportive team, collaboration across all levels and a truly open culture
- A competitive compensation and benefits package with perks around mobility, healthcare, pension and your personal & professional development
How to apply
At APCO Worldwide, our mission is to create a safe, welcoming and inclusive space where everyone can belong. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, national or ethnic origin or other applicable legally protected characteristics. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we are introducing blind recruiting processes for all entry-level roles in Europe, meaning that all applications are anonymous at screening stage. While you will be asked to upload your CV we will be keeping these separate from our initial recruiting process and ask you to answer the below STAR-method style interview questions in writing to apply. We will be reviewing and shortlisting candidates based on these answers, and not on CVs. CVs will be viewed only at first stage interview.
We advise you to write your answers in Word initially and to cut and paste them into our application form (which you can find by clicking apply to this posting).
- What is your approach to working on several projects in parallel? How do you address competing priorities or deadlines? (250 words maximum)
- Describe a time you were given a project and the assignment was completely new to you and something that you had never done before. How did you tackle it? (250 words maximum)
- What has your biggest achievement been to date? What results that you produced are you most proud of? (achievements can cover projects you undertook during your education, your personal time or your career). (250 words maximum)
- How do you build collaborative relationships with different internal and external stakeholders in an HR position? Please name 2-3 core stakeholders and how you build and nurture the relationship with them. (250 words maximum)