We are looking for a Resourcing Advisor to be based out of the London office to deliver best-in-class resource management/traffic management/scheduling, for our offices/practice areas.
The Resourcing Advisor will partner with all staff in their associated office(s), the Regional RM Lead, MDs, Practice Leads, Line Managers, Client Business Managers (CBMs) and New Business opportunity leaders to provide full operational and strategic resourcing support, as required by the business, for multiple markets.
This role is designed to add business value to the company by inspiring APCO staff and enhancing the employee experience through inclusive, informed and proactive staffing decisions, providing equal opportunities to all; allowing individuals to reach their development goals, ensuring client needs are met, yielding stronger utilization and profitability. The role will report to the Regional Resourcing Director and will also partner with the local MDs, Talent, Finance and New Business teams to ensure open lines of communication on individual strengths, areas of improvement and partner on developing recommendations for adjusting capacity to ensure the business is hitting its utilization and realization goals.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in London
As one of the world’s leading financial, business, media, cultural and political centers, London is the perfect base for APCO’s award-winning UK operations. APCO in the UK offers clients fully integrated communication services. Our talented and diverse team, coupled with perhaps the best time zone in the world, means that APCO’s London office is often the natural hub for global and regional accounts.
APCO was awarded Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network in 2017 and 2019 and EMEA Corporate Consultancy of the year, 2019 by PRovoke Media and a PRCA Workplace Champion in 2020 in the large agency category.
- Disciplined approach to capturing day to day ad hoc assignments or ‘bookings’ in the People Planner, along with clear and timely communications to individual/resourcing team / Line Managers/ MDs, being sure to balance the needs of the business with the needs of the individual to positively impact employee engagement and retention and driving business performance.
- Partnering with all staff and Client Business Managers (CBMs), to manage an efficient staffing process in your office(s)
- Working with New Business play a proactive role in understanding the pipeline of new work
- Invest time to gain a good understanding of the variety of skill sets and capabilities and ambitions of staff within your office(s) through regular 1:1s
- Anticipating and recognizing when staffing conflicts may occur and working creatively to resolve these, escalating where required.
- A proactive approach to ensuring building diverse teams.
- Provide a Resource Management induction for new client-facing joiners to ensure that they understand the importance of this function and how we can work together.
- Interested in taking on projects within the Global Resource Management function that go above and beyond the day job, to enhance the global function and the employee experience e.g. D&I activities
- Proactive communication with stakeholders to highlight any resourcing issues or risks to our clients or the business.
- Develop positive working relationships with European and Global RM team, driving collaboration across the firm
- Able to interpret and analyze data and unafraid flag potential concerns and potential solutions
Key Performance Indicators
- Positive feedback from staff and reduced levels of voluntary departures
- Responsive and efficient staff deployment, yielding high rates of satisfaction among CBMs and new business leaders
- Balanced utilization for staff, which in aggregate meet financial targets
- Positive impact on realization rates for billable time
- Degree in a related field desired, or equivalent experience / or a PR background
- Excellent teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strategic, forward planning approach, commercially astute
- Developing analytical skills / experienced in using Microsoft Excel
- Experience of ERP and Resource Management systems
- Agile thinking and innovative problem solving
- Understands and empathizes with people and client demands
- Resilient and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Proactive, highly motivated and results-focused
- Previous experience in a similar role in a consulting/service firm desired
- Promote resource management as an integral partner, driving the success of the business
- Conflict resolution
- Can do / solution-oriented approach
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Relevant language skills for the base office would be desirable
- Most of the time would need to be based in the London office
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including health & wellness benefits