Associate Consultant, Advisory
As an Associate Consultant in APCO’s D.C. advisory group you will work with a diverse group of talented and collaborative colleagues across the U.S., as well as globally. You will play a key role in coordinating and driving client projects, and support execution and engagement of high-profile communications programs. The selected candidate must have the ability to support inter-disciplinary teams, manage competing priorities and deadlines, and ensure flawless client support under tight deadlines while staying abreast of current events at the national and international level. You will have the opportunity to work across disciplines: public affairs & policy, corporate affairs, geo-commerce, issues management, ESG, communications, financial, media relations, and digital engagement.
- Counsel clients on complex geopolitical, corporate affairs and reputational issues, developing a strong understanding and analysis of their issues
- Produce high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as messaging, white papers, issue briefings, strategy presentations, press materials, communication toolkits and/or social media strategies, often under tight deadlines
- Support proactive outreach and engagement with current and future external partners that may include media, policy, NGO and business leaders, supporting both client and APCO team efforts
- Monitor and stay abreast of external developments in key client issue areas, and identify opportunities for further client engagement
- Make recommendations for connections and synergies across various APCO clients or between clients and effective, reputable partners who are active in relevant issue areas
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in public affairs, strategic communications, or policy/government experience. Experience in a consulting/advisory firm is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Keen interest in and understanding of the issues faced by global businesses, domestically, and in international markets
- Solid project management experience and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and client initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and creatively under tight deadlines.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.