Associate Consultant, Sustainability and Technology
- The Associate Consultant is involved with day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. press releases, fact sheets, and opinion pieces), conducting effective media relations, monitoring issues or media, and conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client related issues or on business development efforts.
- The Associate Consultant is responsible for coordinating client meetings and events and delegating tasks to junior team members and working on client deliverables under the supervision of a more senior team member.
- The Associate Consultant should demonstrate tactical abilities, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
- The Associate Consultant interfaces with all levels of internal staff and client staff regarding project issues.
DEMONSTRATING SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE AS AN ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT
- Identifies ways for expanding client engagement and presents ideas to senior staff members
- Prepares customized credential packages for prospective clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies, and high-level industry notes and observations (requiring minimal revisions by managers)
- Drafts complete proposals for client work showing an understanding of APCO’s tools, structure and service offerings; oversees the deliverable production process
- Participates actively in internal and client meetings, offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions; maintains self-awareness and professionalism to ensure contributions are appropriate
- Actively participates in brainstorming sessions.
- Is able to maintain reliable contact with clients in providing service; maintain email/telephone contact with clients as needed, without requiring a supervisor to intervene
- Participates in client meetings and adds value to discussion with appropriate awareness of meeting and client dynamics
- Drafts the “basic” reports required in the specific functional capacity (e.g. perception audits, market studies, media reports, provincial reports, summary reports, etc.) with minimal supervision and review
- Reviews the work of junior colleagues to ensure the highest work quality
- Proactively identifies external meetings and trainings to attend to build sector knowledge and contacts
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS:
EDUCATION: University degree
EXPERIENCE: 3- 4 years relevant experience in a consulting firm, communications agency, corporation, diplomatic posting or media role
OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: The physical abilities needed to perform the duties of this position, in addition to the office climate
- Office environment is general office setting
- Some travel may be required