Director - EU Tech Policy
We are looking for a high-performing leader to join Trilligent and partner with our European Managing Director and Global COO. You will be responsible for driving global and regional projects and campaigns for some of the world’s fastest moving and disruptive organisations. As well as managing large client projects, you will play an integral part in helping us grow our brand and growing the world-class team of colleagues we have in Germany, Belgium and the UK.
Trilligent is a free-form and remote-first agency, engineered to help fast-moving, disruptive global companies secure permission to operate, grow and lead.
With breathtaking technology-enabled advances emerging almost daily, Trilligent serves as a favoured partner in helping innovators bring their disruptive ideas to market and to acceptance, and sustain their permission to operate through insightful counsel, unmatched access, compelling narratives, and creative solutions.
Trilligent is a subsidiary of APCO Worldwide Holdings.
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking Director. This is a key strategic hire and the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong expertise in policy issues and macro business factors impacting clients. Experience working on policy issues impacting the technology sector and the broader data economy (all policy areas under the Commission’s “Europe fit for the digital age” strategy, but AI and the Digital Services Act in particular) are a strong plus.
In this newly created Director role, we are keen to acquire your strong organisational capabilities, leadership skills, tactical ability and willingness to partner with clients and colleagues across various global markets. This role is perfect if you are comfortable being uncomfortable, thriving in the autonomy of a start-up environment and have a willingness to roll your sleeves up and lead from the front.
With our unique remote-first offering, you can be based anywhere in Germany, whilst we also have the luxury of having 3 German offices, located in Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich that you could also utilise on a hybrid working pattern.
This senior leader will also be a key member of the Trilligent management team, playing an integral role in our strategic growth across Continental Europe.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong expertise in Public affairs and macro business factors impacting clients. Experience working on policy issues impacting the technology sector are a plus
- Lead on new business pitches, both in Continental Europe and partnering with our team in North America.
- Lead and deliver large client projects
- Provide effective leadership, development and coaching to junior colleagues
- Understand Trilligent's business practices and processes, and act as internal and external advocate for the organization.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in consultancy or in-house
- Experience in developing and executing communication and public affairs programs in Germany (a plus for EU-level campaigns)
- Strong understanding of EU institutions and decision-making procedures.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a strong network within policy makers
- Eligible to work in the EU.