Senior Associate Director / Director
Our established and growing Tech Policy Practice in Brussels has an opportunity for a Senior Associate Director or Director to join our dedicated team.
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking team member who will be responsible for managing large client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials, reviewing the work product of junior team members and actively engaging in the generation of new business.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, a genuine interest in and expert knowledge of EU tech policy, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would need to have a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in consultancy, in-house, European institutions, or within trade associations.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
The ideal candidate will:
Demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.
Experience working on policy issues impacting the technology sector and the broader data economy (all policy areas under the Commission’s “Europe fit for the digital age” strategy, but AI, the Data Act, and the Digital Services Act in particular) a strong plus.
- Initiate and nurture client relationships, manage large client teams, take ownership of client projects by supervising project teams and delegate projects and tasks effectively
- Serve as principal client contact; know when to leverage senior level relationships within APCO to further build the relationship within the client’s organization
- Confidently lead internal and client meetings, offer knowledgeable observations and suggestions, establish credibility by insights shared, encourage and motivate others to communicate ideas
- Develop and implement the strategy which supports the client’s objectives, including everything from developing public affairs plans to properly scoping and pricing work, as well as managing work activities and resources within agreed upon budgets
- Lead teams around business development opportunities and manage proposal process ensuring accurate scoping/budgeting of opportunities
- Demonstrate a good understanding of effective project management
- Take ownership and actively engage in team member development demonstrating thoughtful planning to increase individual skill sets by setting smart objectives
What we offer you:
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. Being a part of a dynamic organisation means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm. Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, he/she will become part of a nationally diverse team in our Brussels office, with over 50+ multilingual consultants with policy expertise in several areas, e.g. technology, transport, healthcare, financial services, energy and environment etc. By operating in a collaborative environment, employees are encouraged to work across practice groups, offices, and regions and develop a multi-faceted understanding of policy/regulation, politics, issues and trends
About APCO Worldwide:
APCO Worldwide is a strategic advisory, advocacy and communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organisations act with agility, and build organisational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business. Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and achieve impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organisational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyse, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.