Associate Consultant, Healthcare Communications
APCO Worldwide, a global strategic communication firm, is seeking an Account Executive/Consultant to join our Health Policy practice in the Washington, D.C. office.
Our health policy team consists of experienced professionals with backgrounds in media, Capitol Hill, the executive branch, health care companies and trade associations. APCO professionals have played leading roles in virtually every major health care issue for more than a decade. Collectively, they provide clients with a comprehensive approach to managing and communicating on health policy issues. Our clients include leading pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, provider organizations, insurers, benefit managers, and hospitals.
- Support and implement a wide range of strategic communication and issues management campaigns for our high profile, globally recognized health care clients
- Provide the highest level of client service on a daily basis through proactive account management
- Produce flawless written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Participate in strategy development for client campaigns, including media relations, coalition building, grass roots advocacy, executive positioning and corporate communications
- Take ownership of media relations efforts including cultivating relationships with media
- Participate in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- 2-3 years of experience in health care communication, health policy or advocacy work
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Keen understanding of complex health policy issues and the legislative/regulatory process
- Broad range of experience communicating around health care generally, the health insurance market, and medical technology industries, and demonstrate a clear passion for health care issues and the health care industry
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Solid project management experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous health care trade association, consulting and/or Capitol Hill experience a plus
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.