Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in the Middle East and North Africa
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact.
The Animator role is to work with clients and production team members to establish project goals, create storyboards, and design and refine animations.
Primary duties and Responsibilities
- Work with design and client servicing team to develop concepts and execute animations
- Create high-quality animations as well as video edits. Both Premiere and After Effects.
- Brainstorm and conceptualize ideas, with the ability to produce concept sketches and quick concept edits
- Give and receive constructive, creative feedback across teams
- Collaborate with other animators, clients, and producers
- Adapt to different types of clients, as well as different timelines, with the chance of occasionally working under tight deadlines.
- Comprehend and execute direction from senior Art Directors, and Creative Director
- AD-Hocks Assignment/reports
- As per the Direct Manager’s requests
- Creativity skills
- Communication skills
- Listening skills
- Teamwork skills
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management skills
- Graphic Design skills
- Ability to illustrate and storyboard
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong design, communication, and project management skills
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animation, fine arts or Equivalent
- 3 years of experience
- Previous agency experience is a plus
- The physical abilities needed to perform the duties of this position, in addition to the office climate
- Office environment is general office setting
- Must reside in Amman, Jordan or be willing to relocate
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations