Opinion Research Associate Director, Health Care – APCO Insight
APCO Insight®, the research, strategy and measurement consultancy within the global advisory and communication firm APCO Worldwide, is seeking an Associate Director (account executive or director of research equivalent) to develop and lead client accounts. The position may be based in Washington, D.C., New York, Chicago or Raleigh. APCO Insight®, the research, strategy and measurement consultancy within the global advisory and communication firm APCO Worldwide, is seeking an Associate Director (account executive or director of research equivalent) to develop and lead client accounts. The position may be based in Washington, D.C., New York, Chicago or Raleigh.
In this hands-on role, the Associate Director will be responsible for managing primarily health care client accounts, counseling colleagues on research opportunities and contributing to the overall direction and success of the firm. While this position is predominantly an opinion research position, APCO Insight is also involved in assignments employing secondary research techniques, digital and social media research, data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Serves as lead relationship manager to clients and oversees research assignments
- Confidently engages with senior-level colleagues and clients, including leading meetings and making presentations
- Mentors and coaches mid-level and junior research team members
- Recommends end-to-end research solutions from an “insights from anywhere” perspective, selecting research methods based on the research objective, audience and resources
- Delivers high-quality domestic and international research studies through hands-on activities, such as research instrument development, sample design, data collection management, analysis planning, data analysis, reporting and overall project oversight
- Enjoys telling stories about the “why” of people and issues to inform richer strategies
- Demonstrates performance in growing clients organically and actively pursues new opportunities with prospects, including leading business development activities
- Engages in annual business planning efforts
- 7-9 years of relevant public opinion research, brand insights or market research or equivalent research experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Master's degree and/or graduate work in a relevant field (survey research, mathematics, statistics, sociology, psychology, political science, public affairs, health policy) is preferred, but not required
- Deep understanding of and interest in health care and industry issues
- Track record of successfully leading domestic and global opinion research studies
- Exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills including the ability to write strategically under tight deadlines
- Incredibly detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience managing individuals and/or a team
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative team inclination
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Are you ready to challenge yourself and conquer complexity?