APCO’s internship opportunities provide both Chinese and international students with valuable and substantive work experience. Our program strives to involve interns in all aspects of the company. APCO’s interns become integral team members on a wide range of accounts, providing critical support while learning more about the industry.
While APCO can be flexible to the schedules of our candidates, we would require the internship length to be for a minimum of three months and a maximum of six months. Preference will be given to candidates who can commit to working full time (8 hours per day, Monday-Friday) over a six-month period.
Outstanding interns may be given the opportunity to transition to permanent, full-time employment.
Interns are responsible for supporting assigned staff on all projects across APCO’s wide range of services including government relations, strategic communications, risk analysis and market entry. Interns will take the following responsibilities under the guidance of project managers or the Intern Coordinator.
- Provide day-to-day support to assigned project teams by drafting and polishing client deliverables (i.e. policy research and analysis memos, media monitoring reports, client briefing materials, etc.)
- Monitor and report on the latest macro-political developments in China for APCO’s daily newsletter;
- Support new business development by conducting desktop research, editing credentials and case studies, and developing meeting minutes;
- Provide administrative assistance to project managers such as client meetings coordination, develop account status reports, on-site event support, etc.;
- Participate actively in internal brainstorming and client meetings;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements & qualifications:
Education: Bachelor or master’s degree in progress, preferably in international relations, political science, communications, public relations, or related fields
Experience: Previous trade association, diplomatic mission, research institution, agency, or consulting internship experience a plus, but not essential.
- Excellent English research, writing and editing skills
- Fluent spoken Chinese preferred but not essential
- While preference is given to candidates based in Mainland China, due to ongoing travel restrictions, we are also accepting applications from candidates based out of country who would be willing to work remotely
- If based inside of China, the successful candidate must hold a valid Chinese student visa and receive an internship annotation for the length of the engagement. If a successful candidate is currently based out of China and their student visa expires during the internship, they can continue to work remotely
- Upon returning to China, interns will need to successfully renew their student visa and apply for an internship annotation to continue the internship
- Please note that APCO cannot provide candidates with visa support, but will provide the required documentation for successful candidates to apply for the internship annotation
- APCO can offer compensation to interns with an active bank account in Mainland China. If this does not apply, we will accept candidates on the understanding that their internship would be unpaid
Other Core Skills:
- Familiar with Microsoft office software
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply via the jobs page of APCO’s website available here: https://apcoworldwide.com/about/careers/jobs/?p=job%2FoaZ80fw1
The position will be based in APCO’s Beijing office where the intern will work closely alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues as well as a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy that helps leading public and private sector organizations to act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk analysis, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations to succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk analysis. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.
For more information please visit: www.apcoworldwide.com