Consultant, Corporate Communications
Are you ready to challenge convention?
- Are you interested in the issues and players that are shaping our world today?
- Do you want to work on projects that make a difference?
- Do you thrive in collaborative, yet challenging and fast-paced environments?
- Are you a fast learner, eager to work with diverse clients and colleagues?
If so, consider joining APCO Worldwide, a global communication and strategy consultancy.
We are looking to hire a Consultant individual with 4-6 years’ experience.
- Performs day-to-day strategic communications account work, with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues, for our high profile, globally recognized clients
- Independently manages several small projects and engages with clients with support and supervision, as needed
- Manages client expectations, earning their respect, trust and confidence through proactive account management to successfully maintain and grow client relationships
- Develops and manages project programming, including implementation plans, staffing plans, budgets, timelines and measurement/evaluation
- Produces high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Leads media relations efforts, including cultivating relationships with media, drafting strategies, organizing press conferences, and more
- Integrates digital and social media tactics with overall communications strategy and construct traditional and digital measurement deliverables upon request
- Familiarity with a variety of social media tools and the metrics that drive success within those tools
- Drives and supports business development activities, including drafting of written proposals, developing new business presentations and participating in pitch presentations
- At least 4 years of experience in communication, public relations, policy, sustainability or advocacy work
- Solid project management experience
- Keen interest in, and opinions on current affairs and media
- Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.