Consultant/Senior Consultant - Tech/TechPolicy
APCO Brussels is looking to hire a Consultant/Senior Consultant to join our industry-leading Technology Practice. Often regarded as one of, if not the best Tech shop in the Brussels bubble, we are looking for ambitious, talented and tech-savvy professionals to join our incredibly diverse and multicultural team.
We work with most of the world’s most instantly recognisable Tech brands, spanning B2B, Enterprise, Policy, AI and FinTech. Ideally you will demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, a genuine interest in and knowledge of EU tech policy, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would need to have a minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience in consultancy, in-house, European institutions, or within trade associations.
This is a superb opportunity for a high-performing and initiative-taking colleague who will be responsible day-to-day for large client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials, reviewing the work product of junior team members and actively engaging in the generation of new business. We believe we can give you a multi-market platform to grow, learn, develop and hone your tactical and strategic abilities.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
The ideal candidate will:
Demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.
Experience working on policy issues impacting the technology sector and the broader data economy (all policy areas under the Commission’s “Europe fit for the digital age” strategy, but AI, the Data Act, and the Digital Services Act in particular) a strong plus. Initiate and nurture client relationships, manage large client teams, take ownership of client projects by supervising project teams and delegate projects and tasks effectively
- Help to drive and nurture client relationships day-to-day; know when to leverage senior level relationships within APCO to further build the relationship within the client’s organization
- Confidently help to drive and lead internal and client meetings, offer knowledgeable observations and suggestions, establish credibility by insights shared, encourage and motivate others to communicate ideas
- Working with practice leaders to develop and implement the strategy which supports the client’s objectives, including everything from developing public affairs plans to properly scoping and pricing work, as well as managing work activities and resources within agreed upon budgets
- Help to drive business development opportunities and manage proposal process ensuring accurate scoping/budgeting of opportunities
- Demonstrate a good understanding of effective project management
- Take ownership and actively engage in team member development demonstrating thoughtful planning to increase individual skill sets by setting smart objectives
What we offer you:
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. Being a part of a dynamic organisation means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm.
Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, you will become part of a nationally diverse team in our Brussels office, with over 50+ multilingual consultants with policy expertise in several areas, e.g. technology, transport, healthcare, financial services, energy and environment etc. By operating in a collaborative environment, employees are encouraged to work across practice groups, offices, and regions and develop a multi-faceted understanding of policy/regulation, politics, issues and trends.