Senior Associate Director- Healthcare Communications
APCO Worldwide, a global public affairs and strategic communication consulting firm, is seeking a Senior Associate Director to join our NA Health Practice in any one of our APCO NA offices.
Our team includes experienced health care experts with diverse backgrounds who, collectively, give the firm a comprehensive understanding of the issues, politics and players who shape health policy. APCO and its professionals have played leading roles in virtually every major health care issue considered over the past few decades and our clients have included leading pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical societies, trade associations, health insurers, pharmacy benefit managers, patient advocacy groups and medical device makers.
What we bring you: Frequently cited as one of the best places to work and ranked the 2017 Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, with smart, fun colleagues and opportunities to work with people around the country and across the globe. Amazing in-house opinion research, creative and resources as part of your team. The chance to work on some of the most interesting and challenging issues of the day for leading companies and associations. An opportunity to shine, succeed and chart your course based on what you bring to the table – not where you sit on the org chart.
- Serves as lead relationship manager to health care clients across the health sector
- Performs day-to-day strategic communications account work focused, with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues, for our high profile health accounts
- Confidently engages with senior client staff and leadership, including leading client meetings
- Builds credibility with clients by offering knowledgeable observations, insights and strategic thinking regarding communications and public affairs activities, informed by prior experience and deep knowledge of the sector
- Guides internal teams in the development of client strategy and planning
- Actively engages in team member development; acts as a leader and mentor to team members
- Produces high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as policy papers, press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Demonstrates performance in growing clients organically and actively pursues new opportunities with prospects, including leading business development activities
- Maintains a strong professional network and is viewed as an issue expert in the market
- Leads and engages in annual business planning efforts
- 8 - 10 years of experience in health communications or health care public affairs; prior agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Broad range of experience communicating around health care generally, with an emphasis on health policy, health care public affairs, stakeholder engagement
- Deep understanding of health care communication, policy and industry issues
- Proven expertise in current and critical pharma issues especially drug pricing
- Track record of successful communications or public affairs campaign development
- Exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills including the ability to write strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Incredibly detail-oriented, strong project manager and deadline driven
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience managing individuals and/or a team
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.