Associate Consultant (Account Executive/ Senior Account Executive), Corporate Communications/B2B
APCO’s award-winning UK team offers strategic advisory support, public affairs, media relations, crisis communications and integrated digital campaigns. Our approach is driven by insights, data analytics and deep stakeholder expertise. We devise bespoke, measurable strategies and tactical plans that create, influence, transform and protect our clients’ reputations, and help them to achieve their business goals.
We work across all industries both in the UK and internationally, with deep expertise in healthcare, life sciences, technology & innovation, environment, sustainability & impact and food & consumer products. As one of the most influential capitals in the world, London is where APCO leads a large part of its geopolitical and international work.
We are looking for Project Consultant or Associate Consultant to join our successful and growing team to work across a range of B2B and corporate communications clients. The ideal candidate would have experience working on multiple accounts and leading campaigns with a strong track record of working with the media. International experience desired but not essential.
In the role, you will have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, stakeholder engagement, digital/social media and business development.
Key Responsibilities would include:
Project Assistants and Project Consultants are involved in the day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. summary reports, press releases, credentials and proposals and media relations) and by conducting and analysing research on a variety of client-related issues
- Participate actively in internal and client meetings, offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions
- Keeping their finger on the pulse of the media issues of the day, highlighting opportunities and challenges to the wider team and to the client
- Maintain email/telephone contacts with clients as needed, without requiring a supervisor to intervene on routine matters
- Contribute to and prepares the “basic” reports required in the specific functional capacity (e.g, perception audits, market studies, provincial reports, summary reports, etc.) with minimal guidance and review by managers
- Prepare customized credential packages for prospective clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies, and high-level industry notes and observations (which requires a minimal review by project managers)
- Draft initial proposals for client work
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Someone who thrives on the variety and diversity of agency life - past agency experience is desirable (corporate communication, media relations)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail
- Proven track record working with the media
- Experience of or a strong interest in technology PR
- An active interest in digital / social media
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including health & wellness benefits
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.