HR and Admin Intern (Tamheer)
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 800 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business and has been named the “Best EMEA Network to Work For, 2017” and “Public Affairs Agency of the Year, 2017” by the Holmes Report.
The intern is primarily responsible for day-to-day work under the daily supervision of the Manager. and will perform a variety of tasks including research and analysis, preparing summary reports, employee files administration, HRIS Administration and maintaining HR and Administration data. The intern is not expected to manage projects or serve as the primary client contact, although we continually encourage our people at every level to aspire for the next move up.
Demonstrating successful performance as an intern
Within the six months of joining the team, the intern is expected to:
- Prepare summary reports which synthesize information from various sources
- Participate actively in internal meetings, offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions
- Demonstrate awareness of utilization and expectations.
- Employee files administration
- HRIS Administration
- Maintaining HR and Administration data
Qualifications & Standards
- University degree, in Business administration or HR
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to conduct presentations & MS Office
- Planning & organizing
- Professional approach to work and respect for confidentiality
What the Role Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of a fun, dynamic, ambitious and growing team within a large agency
- Play a crucial yet flexible role, shaping the thinking and direction of major projects
- The opportunity to work with a truly global agency, collaborating with teams and talented individuals across the office and in other markets
- HR department is responsible for measuring the work efficiency and designing a performance management strategy. Which helps the employees feel more accomplished and rewarded for their work and effort. Such an approach would ensure not only maximum brilliance but also increase work efficiency.
- Building Relationships, Building healthy relationships between the clients, the employers, and their employees, preserving the work balance by enforcing rules without hurting the sentiments or values of the employees, is the prime responsibility.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in the Middle East and North Africa
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact.