Senior Financial Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Financial Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) based in our Washington, DC office, reporting to the Global Head of FP&A and Reporting.
By joining our worldwide corporate finance team, you will be joining colleagues from all over the world who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
The Senior Financial Analyst of Financial Planning and Analysis is a key member of the finance team with responsibility for supporting enterprise-wide financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis, with an important role in driving business growth and improving profitability. Working close with the Global Head, they are expected to support the annual budgeting and monthly reforecasting process across the global enterprise and support the development and distribution of management reporting for the company. This role also includes working across regions and with colleagues around the world to support data-driven decision making within regional geographies. The position will also help support the team to provide data to senior executives throughout the organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plays key role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team; supports Global Head of FP&A to provide information, data, analysis and insights to result in data-driven, profit-increasing decisions.
- Actively partners with Global Head of FP&A to support financial and capital budgeting/forecasting and other high value analysis.
- Supports, creates and delivers enhanced management reports / dashboards that allow business partners to better understand their business and make informed decisions.
- Works closely with the Global Head of FP&A to provide senior executive management with regular feedback and communication with respect to variations between plan and actuals, including the projected impact to future results, and communicates regularly with senior management throughout the reporting cycle, providing timely updates, expert analysis, and responses to inquiries.
- Provides substantive analytical support to Global Head of FP&A and wider team as part of the monthly and quarterly earnings cycle, including helping executives understand trends and anomalies in the business results.
- Engages proactively with regional FP&A teams.
- Helps develop overall long-term strategic plans requiring in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive landscape, trends and economic and social implications of organizational activities.
- Delivers relevant information required for external disclosures, board meetings, investor presentations, and management reporting such as fluctuation and trending analysis, forecast results, and long-term planning information as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or alternative workplace experience required, with 6+ years in a Financial-related field / MBA strongly preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience within Corporate FP&A Function. Progressive experience required.
- Professional services experience, with background in commercial finance preferred.
- Excellent planning, organization, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Deep understanding of financial statements and metrics and ability to translate them into operational goals.
- Demonstrated skills necessary for management of business-wide processes and deadlines.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment with rapidly changing business priorities
- MS Office, including advanced skills in Excel; experience with financial planning / management reporting system (Hyperion, Cognos, Adaptive, Deltek, Host, etc.).
- Ability to naturally analyze, prioritize, AND synthesize all types of information to allow timely and effective business impact on a consistent basis.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proven success in supporting and building teamwork across the global enterprise.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.